News:

Updates arriving soon at the .org store! Stay tuned ...

Main Menu

SuperD Won't Recover from a Spin

Started by mamontb, Apr 21, 2024, 09:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mamontb

My Super Decathlon 8KCAB model in X-Plane 12 won't recover from a spin. The model autorotates and enters a spin correctly (power idle, full back elevator to stall and left full rudder), but will not respond to recovery (full opposite) rudder and (forward stick) elevator inputs. The airspeed indicator displays 0 (zero) from which I conclude that the model "thinks" there is no airflow over those control surfaces (although the airplane is pitch down and descending rapidly).

I'm running Win10, an AMD Ryzen 5 7600X 6-Core CPU, 32 GB RAM, an AMD Radeon RT 6800 XT GPU with 16 GB VRAM, Virpil WarBRD stick and rudderes, Thrustmaster throttle, and a Quest 3 VR headset.

Should I use Plane Maker to tweak the rudder?

Are there joystick config or calibration settings I should use?

Should I set W&B to achieve an optimal CG location?

I own a Super Decathlon in which I have over 400 hours (I have over 4,000 hours of flight time) and participate in International Aerobatics Club (IAC) contests. My goal is to use the setup described above as an Aerobatics Training Device (ATD) when the weather or maintenance challenges (we've been recovering the left wing since last month) prevent flying.

3point

well awesome! over 4000 hours sounds like lots of fun! using x-plane final ver 12.09? will give it a look. at the moment is a v11 airplane. v12 physics is still in the development stage. especially with lighter airplanes. it probably needs a complete going over. i have been wanting to work on it anyways so now is the perfect time. my email is grader126@gmail.com . you can send an email and i will send you a draft for v12 (edited .acf file). we can go from there if you like.
Framerate Friendly Aircraft www.x-hangar.com/store

3point

been working on this airplane for v11 and v12 this past week. and v12 is still a WIP for the flight model and many other things. v11 has proven to be better for stall spins.
Framerate Friendly Aircraft www.x-hangar.com/store